Miami, FL asked in Estate Planning for South Carolina

Q: Do I have to pay an attorney to get my inheritance?

Dad passed away and an attorney is wanting to charge me too get my inheritance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
L. Wayne Patterson
L. Wayne Patterson
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Your question is very general and depends on the specifics of your situation. I would suggest that you consult with a South Carolina probate attorney who can review the probate file with you and advise you of your rights to receive any inheritance.

This answer is for general advice. It is not legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. For legal advice you have to retain your own attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.