Baltimore, MD asked in Child Custody for Maryland

Q: If the,dad has custody can the my get the child back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Evan M. Koslow
Evan M. Koslow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Annapolis, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: custody is always modifiable until the child turns 18. Any party who files for a modification must prove that there is a material change of circumstances that warrants the court to consider to modify the custody arrangement. Even if a party can prove a material change of circumstance, it does not mean that custody will be modify. The court first has to look at 11 factors (that it looked at at the original custody determination) to determine what custody arrangement is in the child's best interest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.