Hattiesburg, MS asked in Federal Crimes for Mississippi

Q: After being denied procedural bars;what is nexts to do?

My husband is one of the true innocent. We have filed 2 post convictions and a habeus corpus over the years. The last was turned down because of procedural bars.He has been in for over 19 years.. Another question..Is there any way to have his sentence changed ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram

A: First I applaud you for your effort not to give up. There are a couple of post conviction remedies such as a 2241 and a 2252 action. Both take time to get the information and can be a longshot. However, all cases deserve review. I am not sure if your husband pled guilty or had a trial. that would be the first issue for me.

You may call me to discuss Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.