Mount Vernon, NY asked in Immigration Law for New York

Q: I have 2 kids with sickle cell deasease and I over stayed my 10 years b1/b2 visa.I want to go back home but my country h

Can I adjust my status without leaving the us

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rachel Einbund
Rachel Einbund
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Good afternoon,

Great question. First off, I very am sorry to hear about your kids' health problems. The good news is, probably yes! There is one way for you to be able to get your Green Card, without leaving the country, based on exceptional hardship to your children, but it is quite complicated and involves a number of strategic steps for everything to work out the way you want it to. I would be more than happy to explain the whole process/strategy to you in greater detail. Please feel free to contact my office to set up a free consultation, and we can go over everything at that time.

Thank you- Best regards,

Rachel Einbund, Esq.

(212) 252-2125 (call/text)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.