Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Moses Apsan
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Q: Hello


I have obtained my green card through asylum but after when I got my green card situation in my country has changed against me so I traveled back in forth a lot Lets say in last five years I stayed in US for 7 to 9 months and went back stayed there for 6 months now Im thinking to apply... Read more »

Moses Apsan
Moses Apsan answered on Jul 11, 2020

Count the exact days you were out before you file. You may save time and money. If you apply under the 3-year rule, then you will have to have physically resided in the U.S. for a period of 18 months, and during this time never remained out of the U.S. for a period of greater than 6 month. . If... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Florida on
Q: The USCIS informed me on the phone that an application I petitioned was administratively closed. What does that mean?

I filed for annulment/divorce 2.5 years ago and I also withdrew my sponsorship. I am still going through the annulment/divorce so I called the USCIS to see if I am still being considered as a sponsor since I never received any confirmation of my withdrawal. I was informed that the application was... Read more »

Moses Apsan
Moses Apsan answered on Jul 9, 2020

It’s closed for all intents and purpose. However, either you are your wife can make a motion to reopen The case. But since it appears that you are the petitioner, you would not ask for the case to be reopened unless you reconcile.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Q: I am a green card holder and I’ve been living in the U.S 3 yrs now and I want to marry my partner that’s undocumented.

How long would it take for him to receive his green card or his working papers? What’s the process of doing everything?

Moses Apsan
Moses Apsan answered on Jul 9, 2020

It’s taking about 2 years or so. But if your partner is in the US illegally for over 6 months, a 601A waiver will be required

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Michigan on
Q: Can a undocumented immigrant get married to a green card holder
Moses Apsan
Moses Apsan answered on Jun 17, 2020

The simple answer is yes. But if the undocumented person is out of status, he will have to consular process and will need a 601A waiver approved before he leaves for the interview.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.