Tampa, FL asked in Immigration Law for Louisiana

Q: If i marry someone who is in ice jail what can i do stop the removel of them from united states?

Ice picked him up in my yard he is on probation here in arkansas and on bond here. If i marry him here what would i have to do stop deportaion?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christina Marie Turovskiy
Christina Marie Turovskiy
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH

A: You might be able to do a lot -- you might be able to do nothing. It completely depends on the circumstances and no one could answer this question based on the minimal facts provided. Please contact an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible to go over the specific facts of his case and his immigration history. If he does not know his own immigration history. there are ways that an attorney can find that out on his behalf. Time is now of the essence and I wouldn't waste it posting online - start calling law offices.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.