Birmingham, AL asked in Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: My son has a heroin habit. I sent him to rehab but he relapsed after a few weeks. I refused to enable him

by giving him money. He resorted to robbing someone using a toy gun. I put up property to get him out of jail. He is still doing the drug, lying etc. My question is can I revoke the bond & have him put back in jail without losing my property?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Vestavia Hills, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Good for you. Sometimes tough love is hard. Yes, if you put up a property bond, you may go to the court and ask that it be removed. I have had this happen on a couple of cases where a parent put up a cash bond and beleived the child might leave the jurisdiction.

Please call me if I can help. Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640 Joseph A. INgram

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.