Carmel, IN asked in Family Law for Indiana

Q: My husband divorced me without my knowledge. I am raising our two oldest handicap grandchildren what am I entitled too?

We have been married this time for 3 years but have continually lived together for 10 years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Coe
Timothy Coe
  • Westfield, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You need to hire a lawyer right away. If you didn't know about the divorce then there was probably a problem with service, or some other notice problem. Then whatever happened there, he was able to go about getting a divorce by whatever terms he chose. You probably should get a lawyer to get back into the case to see what happened and what you are entitled to. Do this as soon as possible!

Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.