Tampa, FL asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: If I asked my PD two times to file paperwork with court to request New attorney and they do not do it what can I do ?

I have been wrongly charged of a felony and my PD in my opinion is mad when she heard I complained about her! She did not inform the judge I was in hospital and had to reschedule the appt.(not court hearing)and the judge put me in jail!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Craig Orent
Craig Orent pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If your attorney is not responding then one option is to try to contact her supervisor and if that does not work then insist on talking to the judge directly or write a letter to the court. These are not the common approaches but if it's all you have then go for it. Also, keep in mind that it is not common for a judge will give you a new lawyer, though as with anything it will depend on the overall circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.