Dallas, TX asked in Divorce for Oklahoma

Q: Me and my ex have been legally separated for 4 years. He filed the divorce and his attorney is not repenting him becaue

He fail to pay. The divorce is still on file but I have no clue where he's at. What legal rights do I have to finalize it. He deserted me and also was cheating. What can I do please help me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You should get your own Oklahoma Family Law attorney and finish out the divorce. You should get the final decree drafted to your desires and have your husband served with the final decree along with a date for presentment, so that he can attend or not. If he fails to attend and you can show good service on him then a default decree is a likely outcome. TJP

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.