Glen Burnie, MD asked in Immigration Law for New York

Q: Dear Sir/Madam, I don't need detailed information, just an opinion on the validity or not of my concern.

My girlfriend has been out-of-status in the US for about 4 years. She came with a tourist visa and overstayed. Her son, who is a college student in her home country, has visited her twice in the last 2 years, staying 2 weeks the first time and 1 month the second. The two visits were 10 months apart. Then, a few days ago, he came again to visit but to our utter dismay he was detained at the airport, transferred to a detention facility and deported the following day.When we learned of his detention, I went to the airport only to be told that nothing could be done even if I brought along a lawyer; that his order of deportation was final and that there was no recourse. He remained incommunicado the whole time and we only learned what happened after he got back to his country.This is what he told us. For reasons that are not clear to him, the immigration official decided to put him in detention for further questioning almost immediately after arrival. The official seemed to suspect that his

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rachel Einbund
Rachel Einbund
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Hi, This is just terrible- If you would like to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to listen to the entire story, and see if I can help, if possible.

Best regards,

Rachel Einbund, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.