Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Timur Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on

Q: My mom is a high risk patient & underwent a risky surgery due to misdiagnosis. The problem is back. Is this malpractice?

My mom is a high risk patient with a complicated health history. Just recently she had stents added to her legs for circulation and was told that she would be okay to drive the next day. She was in a car accident and had to be brought back into the hospital. The doctor gave advice to a patient who... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 18, 2019

You are correct. This is a very complex medical history and file. A med mal attorney could have a difficult time in making a determination here without examining patient chart and medical history in greater detail. The best place to start would be to contact med mal attorneys in Alabama (mentioned... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Copyright and Civil Litigation for Illinois on

Q: Do I have any right to photos taken for free?

My sister took my wedding photos for free as a “gift”, but since then has decided she’s not going to give them to me. She won’t talk to anyone or listen to anyone who asks her for the photos. Many family members have offered to pay to see the photos but she refuses. We were married in a... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 18, 2019

Try to attempt compromise, hopefully with the financial contribution and appeal of family members willing to help here. It's a shame that the policy of the court led to this situation. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Hawaii on

Q: I drove into a main road from a public driveway and a car going too fast sideswipped my car.

On July 27 2018, I turned onto a main roadway to go north from a public driveway and a driver who were coming from a hill top curve (south) around 35-40mph side swooped my car. The speed limit in that area is 25mph. After assessing damages, I verified my insurance policy which showed good through... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 17, 2019

See if you could arrange a quick consultation with a Hawaii accident attorney to give the file a once-over. Unfortunately, you were entering a main road and without evidence in terms of video images, skid marks, eyewitness testimony, it could be difficult to support your assertions about the speed... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for California on

Q: my English not so good.. the court ask me to do jury service

I filed the forms that my English is not very good the court called me and told me to come for jury service

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 17, 2019

Depending on how the process is administered and what part you're selected for, you could raise your concerns with court personnel processing jurors when you arrive for duty. Additionally, judges will generally screen jurors with preliminary questions. You could raise your concerns then.... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on

Q: So I was at my ex boyfriend house I woke up my car was stolen. I had just purchased the car my title was in my car

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 17, 2019

I'm sorry your car was stolen. If your policy covers theft, contact your insurance agent/carrier. Contact the police. Good luck for recovery of your car.

Tim Akpinar

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Georgia on

Q: What are the current Georgia codes for insurance companies paying a claim or misrepresentation?

Accident was 4-19-19. Insured motorist under USAA claimed 100 % responsibility in complete loss of my car(27500). They have misrepresented themselves and told me to go through own insurance company. I told them no and I would like to go through USSA. No money for personal loss.

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 17, 2019

I hope you are okay as a result of the accident. It's possible that what you were told does not amount to misrepresentation, although it could have been a recommendation that might not have been the best course of action for your interests. Before further time elapses, try to arrange a free consult... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice on

Q: under what circumstances in nova scotia canada would it take 4 years to issue a birth certificate?

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 17, 2019

Hopefully, the delay is something of a recordkeeping oversight rather than something of a suspicious nature. The best place to start is to make a written request, either through email or certified mail. If no response to that and a follow-up request are received, try to contact a government... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law on

Q: Do you have to have the same attorney for the appeal

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 16, 2019

As a general matter, no. While the underlying goal of obtaining a favorable outcome is common with that of the trial court, the processes are different. If you are contemplating an appeal, speak with an appellate attorney in Nevada without delay. Allowable grounds for appeals can be narrow, and the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Constitutional Law on

Q: Is this negligent misrepresentation, innocent misrepresentation or something else?

C Ltd noticed that S. Ltd.’s bid was very low (£20, 000) (the bids from the other

subcontractors were £29,500 and £31,000) but, without checking with S. Ltd, he

used S. Ltd’s bid in making up its own tender price. S. Ltd.'s bid was a mistake

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 16, 2019

Based on the limited details, it's difficult to say. It could be attributed to any number of things. Knowing state of mind could help characterize the conduct. Since it involves foreign currency, it appears to be somewhere outside U.S. With additional details, and knowledge of that country's laws,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Michigan on

Q: What kind of lawyer has the skill set to sue child protective services for dereliction of duty.

This was a gross oversight by the agency that resulted in a death which could have been prevented had they done there job

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 14, 2019

I'm sorry for this situation. A wrongful death attorney would handle such cases in general, but from the brief details here, it looks like you would want to speak with someone who has insight into the agency. A starting point could be to speak with attorneys on this site, the Internet, or through... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for California on

Q: I am in search of someone that can help me obtain the medical records of my deceased wife. I believe she died unjustly.

I believe that the doctor (s) in charge let her pass by stopping her CPR treatment. I know there is a term for it - slow something or other.

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 12, 2019

I'm sorry for your loss. If the hospital or her primary physician sent her offsite for any tests, include those facilities also when you make your record requests. In terms of not continuing lifesaving measures you mention, it's possible the term you are thinking of is a Do Not Resuscitate Order.... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington on

Q: Family member was told to sign paperwork that a surgey went fine while under pain medication when it didnt.

My wife's cousin recently had his appendix taken out. During the surgery they did severe damage to his bladder. While in recovery and under the influence of pain medication a nurse heavy handedly (or forced) him to sign paperwork that essentially said everything went fine to his knowledge and... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 12, 2019

That isn't the way it works (in terms of footing a $20,000 to $100,000 price tag to "get in the door"). If a Washington med mal attorney determines that the grounds for a valid case exist, it is likely that the firm would move forward with the case on a contingency basis, which means that the firm... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Mergers & Acquisitions for Nevada on

Q: Whats the template for a sale of this type from both a buyers and sellers best practices pov?

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 11, 2019

In terms of templates, it could depend on the preferences of the Nevada broker handling the sale. While they could be similar in general characteristics and basic issues covered, templates could differ from broker to broker.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Collections for Mississippi on

Q: How much is a late fee on your water bill

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 11, 2019

Whatever is charged by your municipality, as lawfully permitted by applicable public service commissions.

Tim Akpinar

3 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Georgia on

Q: I have an active case with an attorney, but I haven't been able to contact him, should I hire another lawyer?

I haven't been able to contact, or received contact in over three weeks

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 11, 2019

Based on these limited facts, it's difficult to advise you as to what you should do. It's your decision in the end, but some of the things you could consider include the following. Some might be more plausible or excusable than others, but this is just a general list of things to consider if you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Business Law for California on

Q: Good Afternoon, I've had a solar system on my house for approximately 4 years that is not functioning due rain damage.

I have had the system for approx 4 years. This will be the second time the inverter and control panel has filled with rain water and failed. I have been trying to get it fixed for the last 3 months. The company we lease the system from finally (after 2 months) sent out a service person. I am told,... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 10, 2019

Your question remains open for four weeks, maybe because it was overlooked in the Product Liability heading. A California attorney would be in the best position to identify the consumer law elements under which you could pursue your remedies. A California attorney could help determine the most... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law on

Q: Can my subscription be switched to a different journal w/o my permission?

I had a subscription to Earth, a publication published by the American Geosciences Institute (which is still in business).

They sent me a letter saying they will no longer publish this magazine, and w/o my permission the remaining money of my subscription was transferred to a different... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 10, 2019

You are correct. Ordinarily under contract law, if the object of consideration is not available, people would be within their rights to expect a return of money. However, it's possible that buried in the fine print is a provision that allows substitution of one publication for another. It depends... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Contracts for Colorado on

Q: Looking for a Civil Attorney. Left leg amputated. Not get a fair trial exculpatory evidence held from the jury.

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 9, 2019

It looks like you are seeking an attorney for what appears to be an appeal matter. Do not wait to be contacted by attorney. That isn't the way this board works. It is for posting legal questions. You can seek out attorneys, but you can't sit and wait to be contacted by one based on a post.... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Kentucky on

Q: What is considered medical negligence? How about missing medical records?

Motor vehicle accident. Taken to ER. Xrays given. Told only contusions. Told to make orthopedic appt. At appt was told my arm was fractured. I was placed in a cast. Time went by and i went bac kto ortho who did another xray and said yes it was still fractured. Then when i was still complaining... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 9, 2019

What is considered medical negligence? It is a cause of action based on the existence of a duty, a breach of that duty, ensuing damages, and a causal connection between the breach of duty and damages. You could obtain another medical opinion, as pointed out already. You are free to consult with a... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Rights, Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Oregon on

Q: A car drove into the side of my house what can I use the driver for? It scared my grandchildren my pets and my family

Timur Akpinar answered on Jun 10, 2019

It isn't mentioned whether the damage to your house was superficial, or if the structure of the house was significantly impacted in any way. I hope the damage was not serious, but if the damage happened to be serious enough to require any kind of engineering/architectural plan, construction work... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.