Tampa, FL asked in Medical Malpractice for New York

Q: Pharmacy filled my infant sons prescription wrong and I gave it to him for 2 weeks, do I.have a case?

My son is 4 weeks old. I just found out that the pharmacy filled his prescription wrong and I have been giving him the wrong medicine for 2 weeks. He was supposed to.have medicine for low blood sugar the medicine he has been taking is for high blood pressure or heart failure. The only reason it went undetected was because a SIDE EFFECT of this drug is elevated blood sugar. He is an infant and the effects could have been devastating. I just feel they shouldn't get away with it especially because the pharmacy is IN a women's and children's hospital.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John M DeProspo
John M DeProspo
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Unless your son suffered serious, permanent damage from taking the wrong medication, there would not be a claim worth pursuing. You can certainly make a complaint with the pharmacy. They may offer you some type of compensation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.