Asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: If a person under conservatorship wants to transfer/change or terminate his conservator, what is needed to do so?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Return to the court who ordered the Conservatorship to seek a change of Conservator. A written motion would be required in a form as provided by the court. Make certain your reasons for the change are solid, such as having proof of improper handling of the Estate or Person under Conservatorship. The court will go through the same steps taken to establish the conservatorship as it will to change it. The court will appoint an attorney for the Conserved person or bring back a previously appointed attorney for that person. That attorney would than assist with the determination and argument for the change. Hearings would be held on the motion on a determination made. Costs may be involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.