Charleston, SC asked in Wrongful Death for Minnesota

Q: The Dr.s discharged, my son after an adnoid surgery, and sent us home with his oxygen setthat 60 percent while sleeping.

They also gave him tylenol with codeine for pain and he had no kidneys there he did not wake up the next morning how long do I have to take this to court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Sorry for your loss. Statutes of limitation vary by state and type of claim. Best to talk to a local injury lawyer asap. It can take a lawyer some time to investigate and get a case ready to file, especially medical malpractice cases. Generally speaking, a lawyer is less likely to take a case if there is not enough time to prepare it before the legal deadline expires.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.