Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Wrongful Death legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Minnesota Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death and Probate for Minnesota on
Q: Is there legal action we can take regarding our Trustee tampering with our side and not doing her job?

So my brother was shot and killed by the St.Paul police,. We originally appointed my aunt Monique and the Trustee because we believed that she would be neutral but sadly that's not the case, she has been prioritizing her side of the family and herself when portioning how the settlement should... View More

Robert Kane
Robert Kane
answered on May 27, 2023

There are legal action the beneficiaries can take if the trustee has breached her duties. The trustee's obligation is to the beneficiaries, not to "one side of the family." There are different ways to approach the situation. The circumstances would dictate the appropriate approach.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Minnesota on
Q: 2 years ago i was stung by a bee hive attack I was working in country Called 911 Told operator address

Operator said she had to transfer my call to another county

My call was disconnected. I couldn’t see phone to redial

I got lucky and they called me back

I feel operator should have stayed on line and used another phone or have someone help

I could have died to do... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 7, 2020

A Minnesota attorney could address your matter most meaningfully, but your post remains open for a week. You posted under Personal Injury and Wrongful Death. You wouldn't have a legal cause of action because damages in lawsuits are based on actual damages instead of damages that could have or... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Wrongful Death for Minnesota on
Q: How can I get legal custody of my 2 great-nephews whose mother and 2yr old sister were just killed in an auto accident?

My niece and her youngest child were killed 4/2/18 And her 2 surviving children were taken from our care by the biological father of the younger child. They were taken to their "grandmothers " whom ny niece has told several authorities and family members she would never want her children... View More

D. Patrick McCullough
D. Patrick McCullough
answered on Apr 17, 2018

Very, very sad for you. You should consider hiring an experienced family law attorney to help you. These type of proceeding are quite complicated and you will need expert help.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Wrongful Death for Minnesota on
Q: Can a police officer that kills an unarmed civilian and claims to fear for his/her life be charged with cowardice?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 20, 2018

There is no charge of cowardice. Under the circumstances the estate of the deceased may bring a civil action. They should check with the Minnesota Civil Liberties Union to ask on "police misconduct" cases who their "cooperating attorneys" are. Those attorneys give free... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Minnesota on
Q: The Dr.s discharged, my son after an adnoid surgery, and sent us home with his oxygen setthat 60 percent while sleeping.

They also gave him tylenol with codeine for pain and he had no kidneys there he did not wake up the next morning how long do I have to take this to court

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 14, 2015

Sorry for your loss. Statutes of limitation vary by state and type of claim. Best to talk to a local injury lawyer asap. It can take a lawyer some time to investigate and get a case ready to file, especially medical malpractice cases. Generally speaking, a lawyer is less likely to take a case if... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.