Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: I been charged with my 3rd offensive dui. My first dui happened when i was 20 and my second when i was 21.

My first dui was charged by dui under controlled substance. My ba was under the legal limit. I live in California now and was just in to visit family but now the judge said i have to get drug & alcohol testing every week til my court date which is aug 19th. I leave to go back on july 17th he said if i miss a testing my bond will be revoked. What am i suppose to do. Does this mean i have to stay in Tennessee til my court date

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Eugene L. Belenitsky
Eugene L. Belenitsky
  • Pine Brook, NJ

A: Contact your lawyer. See if your lawyer can get the judge to adjust these conditions. I strongly urge you to follow the rules until your attorney can adjust them or work this out for you.

Jonathan Turner
Jonathan Turner
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would consult an attorney about asking the judge to modify these conditions. Often judges will change their mind if given valid reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.