Russellville, AR asked in Medical Malpractice for Arkansas

Q: The incident involves a pulmonalogist with a medical service facility. I have seen this doctor over a nine month period

The treatment is therapeutic phlebotomy to treat COPD and cardio hypertension. The results sought was to reduce blood volume pressures on my heart and lungs. I had two previous treatments where 1 unit 500ml drawn. On the third treatment he ordered 2units 1000ml withdrawn. I was unable to use the lab at his facility and went to my local lab. I had one unit drawn and began to feel uncomfortable, procedure was halted. I returned in two days to complete doctors order and they refused it. They advised that the order exceeded safe medical practices guidelines and they would not draw it. My family doctor affiliated the this lab concurred. This volume removed at one time could have dire results. Since then I have experienced emotional distress, ,disturbing thoughts of how close i came to possibly dying. I think this doctor is incompetent and should have to compensate me for his error.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ

A: You have to prove negligence and that the negligence caused you injury. If you are suffering emotional distress without a physical injury, it may be hard to find a lawyer on a contingency fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.