Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My boyfriend on DWI probation and received a dwls which he has to appear in court for probation revocation? What now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Benson Varghese
Benson Varghese pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you pick up a new violation or are arrested while you are on probation, you will most likely face a revocation. That means he can be sentenced to jail on the DWI and then face punishment for the DWLS. (Here is more on revocations: https://www.versustexas.com/custom-home/practice-areas/criminal-cases/state-crimes/probation-revocations/ )

It is possible that an attorney may be able to convince the probation department and judge to consider reinstating him, but understand that neither will like the fact that he was out operating a vehicle and breaking the law while doing so.

You should also explore the possibility of getting an occupational license so this does not happen again in the future.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.