Fairhope, AL asked in Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: I was arrested in bayminette al for a wood weed pipe with no weed but a little resin. I am a first time offender and 18

Is there any way I can not get probation for this misdiminor? Or what will most likely happen to me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman III
Mr. James Parrish Coleman III
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: It depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to whether you have any prior criminal convictions. I would recommend hiring an attorney to help you with this. If you are a first time offender, you can probably avoid jail time and possibly avoid having a conviction on your record if you can abide by the terms of your probation. Feel free to contact me if you need help with this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.