Fayetteville, NC asked in Military Law for North Carolina

Q: Single soilder and legally married woman civillian?

I got married in january seperated in early february and i moved out, my husband(legally) and i are not affiliated with the military at all. I am dating a single military man with a rank of E4. He wants to have kids but i do not want him to get in trouble. Would becoming legally seperated help or what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa Averett
Melissa Averett
  • Chapel Hill, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Until you are divorced, your husband is the legal father of any children you have, even if your boyfriend is the biological parent. Don't have children until you are divorced from your husband.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.