Portland, TN asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Tennessee

Q: Prose respondent being crushed in an unfair arbitration. Is there a legitimate motion that can be filed in any court?

I am disabled, been through many recent surgeries and I have the final hearing coming up next week. The arbitrator is horribly conflicted with the opposing attorney. Is there a motion I can file in the original county court, or even federal to not only slow this train, but also bring attention as to what's happening to me - at least until my finances recover enough to hire representation? Any prudent thinking person would be SHOCKED upon hearing the full story. But for now I need to make sure my legal fee savings stay my bank account a few more months. I have no idea what to do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL

A: Yes, you probably need to file a motion, but unfortunately it appears that it would be best done by an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.