Louisville, KY asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Kentucky

Q: Lost wages and IME

I was injured twice to my left shoulder this past year. After the first injury I was placed on light duty. I received my normal hours. I started working a second job and was doing OK till the next injury. The company that I got injured at has reduced my hours and changed my availability. I could not work my other job for 6 weeks. The workers comp says I can't receive any money cause I was able to do some work for the first job. Now I have to go for a IME cause they don't want to pay for a surgery that is needed. What can I do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki

A: Talk to a local worker's comp lawyer. There is usually nothing "independent" about an IME. It should be called a DME -- defense medical examination.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience. I am licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.