Salem, OR asked in Immigration Law for Oregon

Q: With a K1 visa, my fiance got me pregnant and we're not married. He says it is not his baby. What can I do?

Arrived in the US October 1. Baby due is on July 2016 (next year). I-94 expires end of this month (Dec., 2015). Fiance has drug issues that is why the wedding was postponed until it all just got more worse. Fiance keeps reiterating he is not spending another dime for this situation. What are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Glendale, CA

A: If you are on a fiance visa you are supposed to get married within 90 days, if you fiance doesn't want to marry you anymore you will have to go back to your country. If you overstay you might be having problems entering the US again. For the problems related to the baby I suggest you talk to an immigration attorney and a family attorney to help you with the baby problem. You can do a DNA test to find out if it was your fiance's baby. All the best.

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.