Gastonia, NC asked in Car Accidents for North Carolina

Q: Can a lawyer file a judgement against you 5 years later

In 2010 a car slammed into me my insurance had just lapsed and I forgot to file the claim anyways the people went to the Dr maybe a week or 2 later and wracked up a 123,000 bill got an attorney til this day they haven't filed a judgment since then I also had another finder bender. so the 2 wrecks got my license taken away how can I get them back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Douglas A. Petho
Mr. Douglas A. Petho
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: The short answer is yes. The longer answer is you should contact an experienced criminal attorney in Gastonia to assist in getting your license reinstated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.