Berwick, PA asked in Public Benefits for Pennsylvania

Q: can I receive welfare with my ex living next door to me

I have recently lost my job due to a high risk pregnancy. Am I allowed to receive welfare benifits (SNAP/MA) if my ex parcially lives next door (with family) and NY? I had an welfare investigator come to my home to see who lives in the house then 2 days after that was approved for benifits so I am confused. My ex and I have a agreement that he can see the children and I do not ask him for help. im just wondering what my options are. I have not been accused or charged with anything but as a tax paying citizen i would like to know my options cause from my understanding there Checking who LIVES in the home. since he does not and does not enter My home im asssuming everything is LEGAL? I have been upfront about everything in regards to my home, who lives here, unemployment, ect. this will be the last time i ask for help i guess

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: As long as it is a separate address, and separate rent, and no one uses the others address for any mail, should be OK.

You may be able to collect unemployment if you would be able to do another job if it had been available--i.e. if you weren't disabled from work, just couldn't do that job.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.