Salt Lake City, UT asked in Family Law for Utah

Q: can permanent gaurdianship be appealed in court?

My mom got permanent gaurdianahip of my kids i want them back based on their not bei g enough evidence for the decision and my mom terminated her parental rights on me in 2005 legally she has no legal rights to me or my children..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Clinton R. Brimhall
Clinton R. Brimhall
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Without more information, it is difficult to give you a good answer. It sounds like a court made a decision back in 2005. You would have needed to appeal that decision soon after, so I am guessing it is too late to appeal. Based on what the relevant court orders say, there may be other avenues. The most practical avenue outside of court would involve you getting on good terms with your mother.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.