Rogue River, OR asked in Civil Rights for Oregon

Q: Housing Discrimanation? Can I bring a case up against my property mangager ? The wrong doings and stress they have cause

I realize that Property company has the right to a no cause evictions for whatever reason , I dont want to move but I also know that I wlll have too, however the reasons and and actions have caused me so much stress and emtional anguish I cant help but wondering if I have any recourse . Ill start with a few facts .. I have lived resided in the RV space I rent from them for approx.3 yrs and have always paid on time , kept up my space , and obey the rules . I was given a 60-90 day no cause eviction not thru the courts by the property mangager at the beginning of Nov , I paid rent on 1st of Dec and Jan. during those 2 months had many conversation with the employees of the Prop. Mang. company and thought that the eviction was squashed . Still never given an exact reason ( many misunderstanding,one being that I testify in court on my now girlfriend behalf who then was being evicted by them that I saw her paperwork and that there were discrepences what they had)why I was being evicted.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert L. Mauger Jr.
Robert L. Mauger Jr.
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It sounds like there's a good chance that the landlord gave you the wrong notice, ordinarily a space rent contract can't be terminated with less than 180 days notice, if at all. If you can't resolve things with your property manager, talk to your own attorney before the notice period ends and your landlord begins the eviction proceedings to review your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.