Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: My partner had surgery last year in atlanta than three months later he had the same surgery at a another hospital .

Mid July he had his appendex removed and a blockage and was kept in bed for 25 days. Wasn't even allowed to get up to use rest room. He was released still throwing up. They done 3 exrays and said he would be sick for a while. He kept his appointments and made extra bc he was still throwing up unable to keep anything down. ( he was staying at his mother near columbus ga) they had to call ambulance in October bc he was still sick they took him to hospoin columbus and the doctor there seen there was a hole in his intesten and they were tangled up. upon doing the surgery the doctor had to pull apart and even cut out pieces and remove another blockage caused by the entanglement. Than replace correctly. He said the atl hospital just dumped everything abd that if he would of kept going to the atlanta hospital he would not had made it. Can he sue the atlanta hospital for malpractice? The second doctor said he would back my partner.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ

A: For there to be medical malpractice, a health care professional's actions (or omissions) must fall below the standard of care and cause injury. Whether this happened in your situation requires more investigation.

Contact a local medical malpractice lawyer for a free consultation.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience. I am licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.