Scottsdale, AZ asked in Animal / Dog Law for Arizona

Q: My ex boyfriend from over 4 years ago is just now trying to take me to court over my dog. What could happen.

My ex boyfriend is trying to take me to court for my dog. We have not been together for over 4 years. My dog has been with me every single one of those years. I take care of her fulltime. I am the one that feeds her, and takes her to the vet for the last four years. He was not involved what so ever. Now all of sudden he wants owner ship. Which is his way of trying to take her just because I'm happy now in my life with out him. I just find it hard to believe this will work for him since it has been over four years since we were together and when we broke up the dog went with me, and stayed with me all these years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jay Hall
Jay Hall
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Consult with an attorney. In these cases, it's likely a cease and desist letter from an attorney can avoid any escalation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.