Kingman, AZ asked in Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Adoption for Utah

Q: I legally adopted a child & the ex has since reintroduced my daughter to her biological dad. Is this illegal?

I have (2) children with her, divorced in '14. The ex has refused to let me see my children and makes it a nightmare when I have called. So this was in Utah and I had since moved to Arizona. I legally adopted one and had one natural with her. She has since reintroduced my adopted daughter to her biological dad and they now have a relationship. What can I do legally?


Feeling Helpless

1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: This is illegal. Unless or until there is a court order prohibiting the mother from reintroducing your daughter to the biological father, the mother (your ex-wife) can continue to do so. Your legal option is to file a court action to request the judge to prohibit the contact, but you will have to overcome the mother's right to make that decision while the daughter is with her. You will need the assistance of a good family law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.