Flemington, NJ asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for New Jersey

Q: I am a new jersey public school teacher and was injured in school by a normal middle school student in NJ.

I have been a teacher for almost 10 years. Well liked etc. I am only 30 years old and now have a severe back issue. Before this injury I was training for a ironman in which I was unable to keep training for the race and not compete this past summer. I started with a doctor who they approved me to go to but after many unknowns and the doctor not caring and asking me what I thought I didn't feel to positive about him or trusted him. I asked WC to go out of state but they said no so I asked Workman Comp what doctors would be approved and got a list for (NJ) instate doctors neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. I then chose a NJ doctor and had surgery by him in NJ. I had my first surgery a few months ago which failed. However I now need a second (same thing)surgery and want to know if it is at all possible to go out of state for surgery such as NYC, NY or Philadelphia, PA as they are only about a hour away from me and only want the best and best doctor for myself.

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to have an in person consultation with an experienced workers compensation/ personal injury attorney. You should always do what is medically best for you. Good luck and I hope your surgery goes well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.