East Brunswick, NJ asked in Education Law for New Jersey

Q: I have an autistic 13 year grandson and my daughter may have to go to court against the school system.

The school system is not cooperating with giving what he needs. Her next step is mediation and if that doesn't do it, court is only option. She does have an education advocate helping her, but has low income and could not afford to go to court.

Is it possible to get a,pro bono atty to help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Contact your local bar association, and autistic charitable associations. You need to retain an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney you need to contact legal services and the local law school legal clinics. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.