Mobile, AL asked in Wrongful Death for Alabama

Q: I need to open an estate for my deceased sister in order to file a law suit for wrongful death where do I go to do this?

There is a grace period of two years to open an estate and file a claim. The Lawyer that had her case did not act on her behalf,causing her case to reach the grace period but I am aware that the grace period applies to the deceased if cause of death is already demand, which her cause of death was decovered a month later after her death.

So I need to know what to do, open an estate and file a claim.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact a member of the Alabama Trial Lawyers Assn as soon as possible. They give free consultations. If lawyer #1 did nothing may be a legal malpractice case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.