Independence, MO asked in Civil Rights and Wrongful Death for Missouri

Q: pretty basic...wife has a cousin, her stepson died in police custody..might have case might not,

son's mother, step father, my wife's cousin and her husband, ( the boy's father) are planning to bring suit, but the boy has a 17 year old daughter, will be 18 in less than 2 months, she was VERY much in his life, but they are not telling her about the suit...can they ace her out like that...I have no dog in the fight so to speak, but I don't think they can..I think she has much higher legal standing, and that they would be MANDATED to include her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Daughter may have rights, can ask to be co admionistratrix. If feeling frozen out can seek an attorney who is a member of the Mo. Trial Lawyers Assn.--they give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.