Low And Burbanks Grant, NH asked in Estate Planning for New Hampshire

Q: My father left me out of his will and claimed he had no children. He left everything to friend/executor. What can I do?

In father's will, article 1 states he has no children. Then Article 3 says exclusion of pretermitted heirs and he makes no provision for any child of his other than ones mentioned in article 1. But in art 1, he lied and said no children. He knew I existed, he financially provided for me for 19 years. What can I do? Any advice or direction would be so very appreciated!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
  • Nashua, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: You need to speak with an estate lawyer immediately. It's very possible you could have rights under New Hampshire law. Act fast because there could be time limitations on your ability to challenge the will.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.