Denver, CO asked in Lemon Law for Colorado

Q: I purchased a car last Tuesday, if the seller knowingly sold it to me with a big problem (transmission) what can I do?

They did not disclose any transmission damage (though they did mention a problem with the catalytic converter)

I have textual evidence stating that "any transmission damage is news to us"

I have documentation (they left in the car) stating otherwise.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can void the sale and/or seek a reduction in price. Try talking to the seller. If the seller will not negotiate, you will need to file a small claims case. For small claims, you can file pro se (w/o an attorney) or with an attorney. Your local courthouse will have self-help resources also try the CO courts webpage (link: ).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.