Somerdale, NJ asked in Consumer Law and Education Law for New Jersey

Q: My previous college ran my credit without a signed authorization. Can anything be done?

I graduated from the school about 5 years ago and have been making monthly payments ever since. I received a notice in the mail about account changes and it stated potential credit inquiry may occur. The letter was received after the hard inquiry took place. I thought the credit inquiry was fraud due to the company name being titled something different. Also the notice I received doesn't have any timestamp or dates of when it was sent, changes are being made to my account or potential credit was going to be ran.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your question(s) and concerns are too fact specific to be answered in this forum, since a review of the documents is necessary for a meaningful answer. You will need to have an in person consultation with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.