American Fork, UT asked in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Landlord - Tenant for Utah

Q: i have a son who is now 18 but failing to do chores, get a job or pay anything for room or board. Can I kick him out?

1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Yes! However, if there is a court order of custody until he has graduated from high school or supposed to graduate from his regularly-matriculated class, there may be some kind of child support issue. Also, if there is some kind of guardianship order of your son, that would need to be considered first as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.