Scottsdale, AZ asked in Family Law for Arizona

Q: Ex son-in-law exposes 11 yr old and 14 yr old to soft porn, inappropriate movies, sexting. Is there anything I can do?

I am a very concerned grandmother. Daughter/mother of children just went thru trial where father asked for additional time with boys, decrease in child support. Daughter victorious in judgment - father only recd one additional day in month. However, father's continued behavior to expose boys to inappropriate events was not addressed in Court. We are not trying to necessarily limit father's visitation with boys but would like a Court Order preventing him from exposing boys to inappropriate violence, sex, soft porn, etc. Is there any agency available that will pro bono represent the boys or me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John R Gaertner Jr
John R Gaertner Jr
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Not that I know of. The court should be concerned regarding the issues that you are referring to. Exposure to these sorts of matters can have devastating and long lasting influences on children. I suggest that the parent in the case, your daughter, file either a request for mediation to discuss these matters or file a Motion with the court to address inappropriate viewing and exposure to adult matters by the Father. Most attorneys offer free initial consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.