Lincoln, NE asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Nebraska

Q: I was in a auto accident as a minor 5 years ago and my mom retained a lawyer on my behalf. Can I change representation

I am now 22 and have found out that the lawyer is not really working my case and has lost 2 years of my file. I have never signed a agreement with the lawyer but she holds me responsible for certain costs not my mother. Can I change lawyer and not owe her 33 1/3 of a new lawyers settlement.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: When you say she's not working on it, have you sat down and looked at the file? I would contact a member of the Nebraska Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.See what they say/advise.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.