Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Car Accidents Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: Can another persons insurance company say an accident was your fault ,if no tickets were issued no witness or camera

My daughter was driving my car no insurance , was in an accident , a car ran a red light and hit her , and now the insurance company said they did their own investigation and finds my daughter at fault can they do that

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh answered on Mar 31, 2021

Yes, they can do that---but you do not have to accept the conclusion of the insurance company. You can make them take you to court and prove their case before a Judge. Likewise, if you are seeking money from the insurance company and they want to pay you nothing or less than what you believe you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Nebraska on
Q: My minor son was in an auto accident with the other vehicle being at fault. Multiple injuries, how to proceed for sett

Other party has stated they were at fault according to police report. We now need to go forward to reach settlement for injuries sustained to our minor son. We have a claim # with other parties insurance. My son will not be able to do some things long-term he wanted to do. We have not paid any... Read more »

Justin Kahn
Justin Kahn answered on Mar 19, 2021

You may want to contact an attorney in Nebraska that works in the personal injury field to help point you in the right direction. As a minor is involved, there may be special steps you need to take.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Traffic Tickets for Nebraska on
Q: I got a citation for failure to yield. The ticket was dismissed. I am being charged for an accident that I didnt creat

My insurance was cancelled 10days before this accident so the DMV says Im liable for $957 of damages to the person at fault for wrecking both vehicles for his failure to yeild to me in a roundabout.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Jul 16, 2019

I'm not sure what your question is. If you've been charged with a crime or a traffic offense, then you should retain a criminal defense attorney. If you are being sued for civil damages and you'd like the opportunity to prove the accident was not your fault, then you should retain... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: Is it illegal to hit and run a dog in nebraska are u legally required to stop
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 9, 2019

you have hit personal property so you need to act accordingly. Nebraska seems to require you stop, identify yourself etc

Suggest you speak with a Nebraska attorney

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Employment Law for Nebraska on
Q: Who is financially responsible for injuring someone while delivering pizza, driver or employer?

About three months ago I was delivering pizza in my own vehicle and struck a bicyclist at a crosswalk. There was a witness that said the bicyclist had stopped before entering the crosswalk and I was issued a ticket. The bicyclist had to be taken away in an ambulance due to a knee injury.My... Read more »

Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly answered on Nov 20, 2018

You as the driver are responsible for the accident and the lawyer is likely to come after the pizza place to have them recover as well.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Nebraska on
Q: My 16 yr old son backed into an unoccupied vehicle, then left without giving info. Does he need a lawyer for court?

This is his first ever issue with the law, he is a good student & a respectful teen, he was scared & didn't know what to do, the unoccupied vehicle wasn't parked in a marked parking area, and this incident happened on private property, our insurance took care of all damages right... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 11, 2018

Yes. Find one who handles citations in that court. Make sure person was paid. Ask them for something showing they paid that your son can show the Court.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Employment Law and Traffic Tickets for Nebraska on
Q: Who is responsible for registration tags affixed 60-399 on licence plate of company vehicle driven by employee
Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly answered on Aug 2, 2017

The owner of the vehicle or the company. Any licensed driver of the vehicle would be held responsible for any violations. The company may later be subjected to civil suit for any violations they subjected an employee to.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Car Accidents and Consumer Law for Nebraska on
Q: My girlfriend sold her car in the last year and bought a different car. The old car was abandoned. Are we liable?

We received a letter from LPD saying to ignore it if she is not the current owner anymore but we want to make absolutely sure that we cannot be charged for anything.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 21, 2017

You can't "abandon" a car and assume it's not hers. Hers until title is transfered. Right now she can be charged with costs of getting rid of it.She should have traded it to a junkyard in exchange for the tow & disposal.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: Can I hold anyone liable for my car "accident"?

Today the roads were terrible in our town. When I say terrible, I mean a complete sheet of ice. For some reason our school district didn't call off school, making it extremely hazardous to drive (let alone teenagers drive). I left my hous early to head to school, and took the nearest main... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 26, 2017

I'm not hearing any accident--your car seems to have had some type of electronic coronary. No I don't see any way of holding the school responsible. Nor the city.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: I was in a auto accident as a minor 5 years ago and my mom retained a lawyer on my behalf. Can I change representation

I am now 22 and have found out that the lawyer is not really working my case and has lost 2 years of my file. I have never signed a agreement with the lawyer but she holds me responsible for certain costs not my mother. Can I change lawyer and not owe her 33 1/3 of a new lawyers settlement.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 22, 2016

When you say she's not working on it, have you sat down and looked at the file? I would contact a member of the Nebraska Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.See what they say/advise.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: Is negligent driving a misdemeanor in Nebraska?
Ryan P. Sullivan
Ryan P. Sullivan answered on May 13, 2011

Negligent driving is a 3 point moving violation in Nebraska.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Nebraska on
Q: IS there a statue of limitations in nebraska on tort claims?
Ryan P. Sullivan
Ryan P. Sullivan answered on May 13, 2011

Yes. It depends on the type of tort. For example, intentional tort claims have a 1 year limitation period, where claims arising out of negligence must be filed within 4 years of the date of discovery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.