Berlin, NJ asked in Education Law and Personal Injury for New Jersey

Q: Can I sue the school district for leaving my child injured and unattended in another school district?

Can I sue the school district for leaving my child injured and unattended in another school district?

My son was a varsity basketball player and was taken by his coach via school bus to another high school to play against another school. My son was injured and needed medical attention. My son was left with other spectators while the coach left the building with the other team members to go to another venue. My son was left without adult supervision. I informed the superintendent. Nothing was done

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Suggest you contact a member of the NJ Assn for Justice who handles education issues. They give free consultations. However, it sounds like nothing bad happened, and the law only gives damages for what did happen, not what could have happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.