Saint Louis, MO asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota

Q: How to bring claim when happened in MN & now in MO?

in FBOP's custody, have a previously twisted ankle that I am forced to climb up to a top bunk on, began to experience more & more pain (as well as lose mobility/agility), am not given anything for pain for close to a year, continue to be left climbing up to top bunk, kept being told, the then FBOP doctor and administrator that I could not be assigned to a bottom bed because I was not old enough yet (57 and I needed to be, I am out and having serious problems with pain, walking, my knee, my ankle - as the problem is affected that entire side of my body - is this both a case of malpractice and an 8th Amendment violation? If they used the policy as the reason they had to keep me climbing on the injured ankle(albeit slightly, at first), and it's having a crippling effect on me now, the policy caused what I'm going through now. Sorry, I know I'm long-winded.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You need to find an attorney that handles those issues. Suggest you contact the Minnesota Civil Liberties union, ask for their "cooperating attorneys" on prison medical conditions. 8th amendmendment? I do not think so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.