Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Minnesota Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: I have a question in regards to if a dr writes down no restrictions and signs it

I have a guardian and live in a group home and i was on a 3hr time limit to be out and couldn't help my parents do to a infection i had but i have been cleared by my dr. Specialist in urology today from a follow-up appointment and he said no restrictions and also wrote on my summary paper no... Read more »

Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 23, 2019

Based on the limited details here, it isn't clear why you are still being held subsequent to your urologist lifting your restrictions. It's possible information is missing in terms of their policy, and that your family could need to look further into reasons why you are still being limited in the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: I presented pathology records to my doctor asking what does this mean " NON MALIGNANT GRANULOMATOUS - REPLIED NO CANCER?


Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 26, 2019

Contact a member of the Minnesota Assn for Justice who handles negligence claims.

They give free consultation.s

Every claim is different--you can't base the value of your claim on what someone else somewhere else received. Your medical experts may not be the type used at trial--it...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: Do you think I have a good chance of winning a lawsuit for medical malpractice and pain and suffering?

The nursing home didn't call a ambulance and told me to just ellivate it and ice it when my whole leg was swollen red and hot to the touch because I had a major infection growing all over my three metal plates and 18 screws in my leg! If it wouldn't of been for my cardiologist seeing it and... Read more »

Robert D. Kreisman answered on Jan 2, 2019

The case of medical malpractice is about the negligence which includes damages. Most of these cases are enormously expenses to prosecute. It seems from your description of your possible case that you have made a decent recovery. In my opinion, this would not be a case we would take on. Please... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Employment Law for Minnesota on

Q: I was recently employed and let go due to medical reasons. My job did not follow my doctors restrictions and etc

I was given zero option to stay after claiming I needed to stay till I found a new job. Is it worth going against them and if so how would I could about it?

Joseph A. Gangi answered on Jan 11, 2018

You will need to speak to an attorney and provide more specifics about your situation to see if there are any claims you may have,

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: Piece of tooth left found on after extraction 2 months after surgery and second visit to surgeon. Do I have a case?

On 5/1 I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth removed under general anesthesia. Healing was going well but I still had jaw pain two weeks later. I could barely open my mouth and was out of pain medication and was using just ibuprofen. I went back to the surgeon's office where I saw a second surgeon who did... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 7, 2017

Problem is you would have to prove that was what caused the item and that it was from your tooth and not a piece of bone from something you ate. Size seems big for a tooth fragment.Follow up with a dentist to make sure what you pulled out wasn't a problem

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Products Liability for Minnesota on

Q: I have been on medication and have receding gums from it. The company doesn't list it as a side effect. Do I have case?

I am only 24 and have always had perfect oral health and have nwver had a cavity or any other oral problems before this medication. I researched and found hundreds of other people filing lawsuits for the company not listing this as a side effect. It has greatly effected my life and if I would have... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 13, 2017

First you would have to show that it was the medicine and nothing else that caused receeding gums, which can come from a number of factors. This is extremely difficult to prove. Either way you need to see an endodontist, so why not let them tell you what they think caused it.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: How to bring claim when happened in MN & now in MO?

in FBOP's custody, have a previously twisted ankle that I am forced to climb up to a top bunk on, began to experience more & more pain (as well as lose mobility/agility), am not given anything for pain for close to a year, continue to be left climbing up to top bunk, kept being told, the then FBOP... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 5, 2016

You need to find an attorney that handles those issues. Suggest you contact the Minnesota Civil Liberties union, ask for their "cooperating attorneys" on prison medical conditions. 8th amendmendment? I do not think so.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: My husband had triple-bypass and 5 days later he was sent home without a blood-thinner other than aspirin.

The nurse on shift dis-charged him. No details were discussed with him about not be sent home with blood-thinners. The doctor never discharged him personally.10 days later he had a massive stroke. Can't speak, write, walk, talk. Right side of body. Do we have a case?

Adam Studnicki answered on Aug 21, 2015

I am sorry to hear about that. More information is needed to answer. Talk to a local medical malpractice lawyer, who can investigate, evaluate and advise about your legal rights and options.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: I was misdiagnosed on a inguinal hernia and surgery was performed

I still have all the pain am issues as before surgery

What do I do

Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 16, 2015

Misdiagnosis cases are usually difficult. Talk to a local medical malpractice lawyer about your rights and options.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: Epidural Steroid Injection--If it is done at the wrong vertebrae, is that worth pursuing?

I recently underwent an epidural steroid injection "into my C7 vertebrae" and after the procedure, various medical professionals questioned the injection site, mentioning that based on the injection site, it looks several vertebral levels lower (more in the t4/t5 range). The physician who... Read more »

John M DeProspo answered on Jun 17, 2015

Have you suffered any serious, irreversible damage? If not, probably not enough damages for a viable medical malpractice claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: Is perferrating the colon during colonoscopy w/non disclosure of risk a malpractice case

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq. answered on Jan 8, 2013

Although perforation of the colon is a known risk of the colonoscopy if there is not an informed consent you may have a claim.

I recommend having a qualified medical malpractice attorney review your medical records to see if you have a case.

Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: How does the defence attourney get the medical records from the hospital and emt's for an accident for court

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq. answered on Jan 8, 2013

The Defense attorneys get the records usually from a signed authorization which you provide (after an attorney reviews and edits). Sometimes the defense is given records from the facility at issue. For example if you are hurt in the nursing home the attorney for the nursing home may have the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on

Q: What does "an FTCA exception precludes recovery against the Government" mean?

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq. answered on Jan 8, 2013

It means that you are unable to recover (get money) from the government for that particular claim or issue.

I recommend you contact a qualified Minnesota personal injury attorney to consult with on your interpretation of the statute.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.