Los Angeles, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: 2 years ago my husband got a dui he recently got into a car accident but he wasn't drunk just no licence

He has court this Wednesday for no license from the car accident he had hes worried that they could detained him he had a dui 2 years ago he's already taken care of that just this car accident he had recently they just gave him a ticket for no license its a misdemeanor what could happen

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Carl Beyersdorf
David Carl Beyersdorf
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Sonora, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: He should hire a lawyer. If he can't afford to hire a lawyer, he needs to ask the court to appoint one. Driving on a suspended license can earn you some jail time as well as probation, and it can also be very expensive. Additionally, when the license is suspended based on a prior DUI, the court will order an ignition interlock. He needs to get help. Good Luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.