Taylorsville, NC asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: Can I demand the hospital cover my care for a personal injury that is documented that they caused plus loss wages?

When i went for a CT Scan while being seen for Asthma flare up with no better from 7/6/16 visit at said hospital. I have a history of Pulmonary embolisms an even though previous day labs were ok, the er doctor wanted to do a scan to rule out another Pulmonary embolism, so I already had a iv placed on my left hand, top. well when i went to ct department the tech didnt check the size of the iv an tried two times, with me telling her both times it burned, so bad that o was shaking my hand. She then decided to try an find another site in the same arm an fished around with no luck. she even tried in my other arm, no luck. I was stuck in that arm more than 3 times. I still have pain, swelling and its been 18 days. I have been told that I would need a hand specialist. My family dr thinks that the hospital should be held responsible. Thing is, did the repeated IV sticks or the CT Tech do the damage. I can not get the care I need because I cant not afford the care. This has been since 7/7/16.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You may well have a claim. Suggest you 1) don't discuss your thoughts with other medstaff, as they will not want to be involved and will distance themselves 2)if you go to the specialist try to say what happened as matter of factly NO ADJECTIVES , same reason. You should also contact a member of the NC Trial Lawyers Assn who handles medical carelesness--they give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.