Grafton, NH asked in Family Law for New Hampshire

Q: I am a grandmother who has been denied any kind of contact with my grandchildren for the past 10 yrs.

Can I file a civil rights lawsuite against my ex son-in-law and his now (wife) They have caused me much pain and suffering over the past 10 yrs by not allowing any form of contact with my grandchildren. One grandson is over the age of 18 and the other grandchild (female) will be 18 in Sept.The civil rights suit will be filed in the state of Conn.Not only have i been denied any form of contact but the entire family has been denied any form of contact and it has now been 10yrs

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
  • Nashua, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: You should consult with a Connecticut attorney or post on the Connecticut board. In New Hampshire, grandparents can petition the court for visitation rights:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.