Seminole, FL asked in Civil Litigation, Legal Malpractice and Municipal Law for Florida

Q: Our petition for reconsideration has been blocked on specious grounds for insufficiency. How can we get this resolved?

1043 electors (29% of voters) have petitioned the City to reconsider an ordinance. The City Clerk has declared our petition insufficient based on some falsehoods and some specious interpretations of law. None of these insufficiencies are defined in the City Charter. We have counsel, but how do we remove or have these insufficiencies reversed, and how do we prevent a recurrance of these claims in future petition filings?

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Municipal Law Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If your counsel cannot answer your question, perhaps he or she needs to consult with an attorney with more experience in municipal law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.