Plymouth, MI asked in Legal Malpractice for Michigan

Q: Request for reconsider from the Attorney Grievance Commission

The attorney grievance just closed my case with no disciplinary action against the attorney. The attorney lied to me and the AGC and I sent in evidence to prove it. The attorney handling my case at the AGC did acknowledge the lies and advised to review MRPC 1.4 and MRPC 8.1. He did nothing but close the case. I would like a reconsider? Can I request that or are there other options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: There are bar grievance committees and in Michigan I believe there is the Attorney Disciplinary Board. You may ask others to reconsider.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.